Sunday, July 15, 2012

Politicians I want out of office this time around


Just to prove that I'm not as partisan as people may (or may not) think me to be:

Nancy Pelosi: Selfish, clueless, and talks down to you. Not leadership material. Always combative. 

Harry Reid: Thinks he does everyone a favor by talking kindly to his Republican counterparts even though he hates them. He doesn't. Willing to bring the country to a standstill even if the Republicans ideas are better (Sometimes), more coherent (always), and more practical (usually. See Boehner's bill).

John Boehner: I used to think he was one of the more "extreme" Republicans, but now I see he's only interested in keeping his Speakership. Easily pushed around by the Tea Party. Contributes to the stigma that "Republicans can't say yes." He will do all of the above, even if it means bringing the country to a halt.

Eric Cantor: Selfish, and has a very "in your face" (which different from "Calling it as I see it" :p) attitude which doesn't say a lot about him. He's kind of the Republican version of Nancy Pelosi. In most circles (Both Republican and Democrat) on the Hill, they believe that Cantor was the reason for ending the debt talks the first time around.Anyone who pigeonholed themselves by signing a pledge: THis one's obvious.

Synopsis: I basically think that most Democrats and Republicans who are long-time in the House, are so "ingrained" into the political system that they want to stay there regardless of what it takes. As such, they often  put their career interests ahead of the country's. I think Tea Partiers contribute to this mess, but I also find that Tea Partiers are not concerned about their career. In short, I agree with them that they should be independent thinkers and thus not beholden to anyone voting for them, but I disagree with their policies. 

2 comments:

  1. That is a good start, Greg. How did you manage to leave out Obama? Counting him, I would only add 532 more to your list. ;) ◄Dave►

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left out Obama because it's easy to say "Oh, President X should be gone"; I wanted to focus on Senators/Representatives :)

    ReplyDelete